Last weekend SWISSMAN Xtreme Triathlon 2013 winner Markus Stierli added another big success to his sports career: he won the 11th edition of the Isklar Norseman Xtreme Triathlon at the top of the Norwegian mountain Gaustatoppen. He finished the race in 11:25:16h and could leave his competitors behind him. All athletes had to fight with the special Norwegian elements: fog, headwind and rain made the race even harder.
The Norseman is like the SWISSMAN a very special race because of the difficult track with climbs, the finish at a steep mountain and the uncomfortable weather. The winner, X-BIONIC® athlete Markus Stierli, mentioned after the race: “The Isklar Norseman was the perfect race for me . Wet, cold and lots of wind” – Congratulations Markus!
1. Markus Stierli (SUI) 11:25:16
2. Dirk Wijnalda (NED) 11:41:33
3. Allan Hovda (NOR) 11:49:30
4. Lars Christian Vold (NOR) 11:50:07
5. Lasse Rypdal (NOR) 11:55:09
1. Inger Liv Bjerkreim Nilsen (NOR) 12:43:14
2. Lydia Waldmüller (AUT) 12:55:20
3. Line Foss (NOR) 13:01:34
4. Malin Lundvik (SWE) 13:54:59
5. Rebekka Trukenmüller (GER) 13:59:04
Find the complete results here.
Norseman 2013 finish line video
The Isklar Norseman Xtreme Triathlon 10th anniversary film